DEPARTMENT OF ENT
- Staffing Functions
- Chairman: Maria Cristina B. Viceral, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Training Officer: Joseph Bernard B. Lo, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Assistant Training Officer: Elaine Rose C. Ferrandiz, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Research Coordinator: Emmanuel Tadeus S. Cruz, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Section Heads:
- Otology and Audiology: Antonio G. Talapian, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Head and Neck Surgery: Emmanuel S. Samson, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Maxillofacial, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery: Arsenio L. Pascual, III, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Rhinopharyngology: Emmanuel Tadeus S. Cruz, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Laryngology and Bronchoesophagology: Maria Cristina B. Viceral, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Active Consultants
- Francisco A. Victoria, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Ronald V. Arzaga, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Mark Arjan R. Fernandez, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Mary Ann M. Bergado, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Melanie Grace Y. Cruz, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Galen Clark C. Perez, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Clint S. Trinchera, MD, FPSO-HNS
- Mary Kathleen F. Bartolome - Juangco, MD, DPSO-HNS
- Almia A. Pazon, MD, DPSO-HNS
- Ma. Niña Kristine C. Sison - Reyes, MD
- Lena Alethea A. Cruz, MD
- Claudette Gloria T. Plumo - Anglo, MD
- Jericho T. Agnes, MD
- Katrina Nicole P. Fortuno, MD
- Norjem R. Villanueva, MD
- Justine Kay T. Pador, MD
- La Reyna Roshele S. Salenga, MD
The residency training program of the department caters in training the residents in the different subspecialties, namely, Otology and Audiology, Rhinopharyngology and Allergology, Laryngology/ Bronchoesophagology, Head and Neck Oncology/Surgery, and Maxillofacial Trauma Surgery, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Since 2003, the Philippine Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (PBO-HNS) granted a 4-year accreditation of the residency training program. Since then, the department has been granted full accreditation every 4 years. To cope with the increasing number of patients, the department requested to increase the number of residents from 1 to 2 residents per year for a total of 8 residents for 16 ward beds (2 beds or patients per resident).
The department hosted an In-House Temporal Bone Dissection Course, a PBO-HNS required course, with 2-day lecture days via zoom and a 2-days dissection course last March 19 and 26 and April 2 and 9 which was participated by Ospital ng Maynila Medical Center and Ospital ng Makati.
In partnership with the Philippine Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, the department hosted its 1st Scientific meeting entitled “All About Facial Plastic Surgery” via Zoom on March 24, 2022.
On June 11, 2022, in collaboration with Ospital ng Maynila Medical Center, the department hosted an In-house Bronchoesophagology course and workshop, a PBO-HNS required course, for the graduating senior residents.
On July 1-2, 2022, the department hosted The Basic Facial Plastic Surgery Course and Workshop, a PBO-HNS required course via zoom which was granted with 6.5 CPD units.
On November 26, 2022, the department facilitated a Blepharoplasty Mission and catered to 5 patients.
During the PSO-HNS 2022 Virtual Interesting Case Contest, via zoom last May 28, 2022, Dr. Jericho Agnes presented the paper entitled “Glomus Tympanicum Tumor with a semblance of Granulation Tissue associated with Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media” which won 2nd place.
Our graduates, Dr. Joseph Bernard Lo and Dr. Joyce Rodvie Sagun were inducted as fellows of the PSO-HNS. Our residents Dr. Jeff James P. Alega and Dr. Anjenneth M. Bernarte graduated and passed the diplomate boards taken last October 2022.
- Updated information on Equipment and Services
- Operating Room
2. Hearing Center The hearing center is located on the 4th floor left wing of the hospital building, adjacent to the ORLHNS Ward nurse’s station. It is equipped with a Pure Tone Audiometry, Automatic Auditory Brainstem Response and tuning fork directed to identify hearing loss.
- Out-Patient Department
- OPD Services
- Nasal Endoscopy
- Fiberoptic and Rigid laryngoscopy
- Foreign Body Extraction
- Aural Toilette/ Ear Cleaning
- Pure tone audiometry and Speech audiometry
- Subspecialty Clinics
- Major and Minor Operations
- Otology Services
- Mastoidectomy, ossiculoplasty, tympanoplasty and myringotomy
- Rhinology and pharyngology services
- Functional endoscopic surgeries
- Septoplasty and Rhinoseptoplasty
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Laryngology and bronchoesophagology services
- Foreign Body Extraction
- Microlaryngeal surgeries
- Head and neck surgery Services
- Surgery for benign and malignant tumors of head and neck
- Maxillofacial, Plastic and reconstructive services
- Reduction and internal fixation of facial bone fractures
- Rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, otoplasty
- Emergency Room Services